Irina Marchenkova provides simple instructions and a demonstration of standing Cable Chest Fly.
The Cable Chest Fly exercise is for the Chest and is suitable for beginners. It also assists in the development of the Shoulder and Triceps.
- Set pulleys slightly above shoulder height and select weight
- Hold both handles with a neutral grip and take a step forward
- Press the handles to lockout while flexing your pectoral muscles and extending your elbows
- Keep a slight bend in the elbows, move entirely at the shoulder joint
- Return to the starting position by flexing your pectoral muscles and bringing the handles together at chest height
- Slowly lower back to the starting position and repeat
- Think about hugging a tree, that’s the form